Introduction

Hello friends and readers. :-)

This is officially the start of my online publication of all the articles I write. It will include the my monthly column from the MorningStar Newspaper, my articles for the ChristianTeen View e-Magazine, and also any important news about my life, or professional career. I archived all my past published works for you to read if you feel like it. But right now I want to update you all on what's going on in my life. 

First, I have officially registered for online courses through Regen University. I'll be taking Western Civilization, College Algebra, and Biblical Languages. They are quarter semester courses, and begin on October 27th. Patrick Henry College also accepts some transfers from Regent, and I still am keeping my aim towards PHC. :-) I'm taking to Algebra to help prepare for a third shot at the SAT, which I plan to take in December. I am really trying to bring my score up so I can have a chance for the Journalism Scholarship from PHC. my last try was 100 points short of the minimum requirement. :-/ I am also excited to be taking Biblical languages, as I have always wanted to learn more about the Scripture's original context.

Secondly, I have closed on an apartment deal in Elmira, NY. I have been thinking of renting there for a while now, and keeping it under a lot of prayer from my family, friends, and two churches. This was an amazing deal, and a miraculous answer to all of my prayers and hopes, as well as my mom's wishes, and my dad's advice. I am very blessed and encouraged to see God continuing to work so greatly in my life! :-D Anyway, this arrangement will really help me focus during my college courses and SAT prep. It also gives me a strategic location to continue and advance in working with the newspaper, and I wont have to cut any of my work hours since I am so close now.

On a more serious note, I realize that this is a very important time for me. My pastor told me that he observed that everything I was doing in my life rested heavily on self control, and that these next years would be very decisive in my life. As I'm looking ahead to what I am working for, I see how right he is. This is it. Everything I ever told myself I would do someday has to be done now. This is literally the first day of the rest of my life. So prayers are definitely good, and encouragement is always welcome. I feel like God is passing the ball to my court. I am excited about the possibilities, and overwhelmed at the stakes! I'll really need to trust God more than ever now, but I am greatly encouraged that I can feel Him leading me. I am really blessed. 

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback you might have, and I would be honored if you read my opinions. Thank you for your time, and your support. :-)

- Jed Estrada

2 Comments:

  1. The One They Call Nick said...
    Got ya. Keeping track of all your email/blog switching is like some sorta scavenger hunt. Where will Jed pop up next?

    This is where I'd typically ask what's up, except your pretty much already told me.

    College Algebra is a piece of cake. Exponential graphs are particularly fun. :D
    Andrew said...
    Cool! I hope you enjoy Elmira.

    Biblical languages sounds awesome!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home